This page tells you how to make informal and/or a formal complaint along with the policy we have in place to support you in being heard and how any actions can be managed as a result of complaints upheld.
Concerns about your/another child’s safety:
- Please contact St Luke’s School’s Designated Safeguarding Lead: Mrs Carol Morris.
- In the case of emergency Child Protection Concerns, contact the Police on 999.
Concerns about your child’s experience at school:
Initial concerns can usually be managed by your child’s class teacher or the Admin team. However, there may be times when you need to contact a senior member of staff:
Departmental Lead Teachers:
- Lower School Lead Teacher
- Middle School Lead Teacher
- Upper School Lead Teacher
- Assistant Headteachers
Mrs Carol Morris
Mrs Debbie Bloomfield
Mr Niyi Obembe
- Mr Huw Edwards (Forest House Centre)
Informal Complaints/ Requesting Recognition for Matters Arising:
- You could email
- You could call
01442 398 988
- You could write to the Headteacher:
Mr Stephen Hoult-Allen at St Luke’s School, Forest House Centre or The Collett School
- You could come and meet with him
Contact the School Office at the school you wish to meet at, in order to find a convenient time
- You may also wish to contact the school’s Special Needs Team Advisor: The Local Authority Special Educational Needs Link Advisor for St Luke’s School is Mrs Su Clarke, based at Apsley Two in Hemel Hempstead.
Making a formal complaint:
Please access the policy here to find out the stages of making a formal complaint. There are stages of this process, each of which have timelines and outcomes.
INSERT POLICY ON MAKING A COMPLAINT